Physiotherapy in Northampton
At the Haddon Physiotherapy Clinic
What is physiotherapy, and how can we help you?
Physiotherapy involves the use of a wide range of skills including active and passive joint mobilisations, soft tissue release techniques, massage and exercises. Chartered Physiotherapists undergo three years of undergraduate training before being recognised by the HPC. The Haddon Clinic is located at the Chris Moody Centre in Northampton. This is a purpose built facility that provides our patients with modern individual treatment rooms, easy access, good car parking and extensive up to date facilities, including a full equipped gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool. The facilities are inline with all medical health insurance company standards, providing a good standard of care in professional surroundings.
What are the benefits of physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy brings relief to people of all ages in reducing pain and improving mobility. Restoration of normal body posture and alignment can lead to a speedy recovery and prevent recurrence of the problem. Physiotherapy is suitable for all disorders that have the symptoms of pain, stiffness, loss of movement and weakness. The following benefits can be gained with physiotherapy.
- Alleviation of pain
- Restoration of motion in joints and increase in the range of motion
- Relief from chronic ailments like arthritis
- Pre-operative rehabilitation
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Improved mobility and physical co-ordination
Techniques used in Physiotherapy
- Manual techniques (mobilization and manipulation of soft tissues and joints)
- Pain management through exercise and body positioning
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Progressive strengthening and stretching programs
- Therapeutic massage
- Dynamic stabilisation
- Myofascial release
- Orthotic supports
- Heat and cold procedures
- Electro therapeutic applications
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH US
For appointments please telephone the main office: Witty Pask and Buckingham on 01604 601641 where reception staff can access all diaries for both Moulton and Billing Road, or use our online booking facility.